Wednesday, October 17, 2007


It’s been a week and I’m feeling very settled and productive in my studio tucked into the woods. My time has been divided among several projects so far, but today I pulled out my rusty stop-motion skills and decided to do some old-fashioned animation, just for fun. I was rather pleased with the result and with the fact that the only computer involvement was occasionally hitting a key to capture a frame. It reminded me how much I like the tactile aspects of animation. I might pursue this a little further in the coming days.

On Monday, five of us decided to take a day off and add our numbers to the summit of ‘the most climbed mountain in the world” Mt. Monadnock. Please don’t ask me how to pronounce that! Mt. Fuji might debate the record, but we certainly saw enough people to convince us this was a popular hike. Luckily, the 200 7th graders were heading down by the time we made it to the summit so we had the panoramic view of the Green Mountains, White Mountains and off in the far distance, the Boston skyline, in relative peace.

No comments: